PURCHASE MANAGEMENT - USER GUIDE FOR MAGENTO 2
Purchase management is always a headache to retailers. As the businesses grow up and upscale, they have to manage purchase orders among various suppliers and warehouses. On the other hand, without a well-organized process, so many staff involved in the purchase management will easily end up troublesome. With our Purchase management module, you’ll no longer worry about how to management PO the most efficiently. Here we provide you a step-by-step workflow to manage purchasing. You are guided through how to create quotation, how to create a purchase order and how to receive or return items to finish purchase order. Especially, a detailed permission matrix will be available to show you all the possible user roles in each step of the process, which helps run a smooth internal operation. Read this guide carefully to master one of the most powerful modules in our Omnichannel Solution.
- White shape: means manual process;
- Blue shape: means automated proccess and can be done with Magestore's Omnichannel Solution;
- Blue/ Torquoise shape with gray text: means automated process but not yet been done with Magestore's Omnichannel Solution.
Purchase Order Process
Return Order Process
Here are the full feature-list for all roles in the package:
Purchase Management Processing
Purchase Staff Create Request for Quotation
"A quotation (or a request for quotation) is the proposal of price and quantity of goods that store owners send to suppliers. The quotation will become purchase order when a seller sends confirmation of price and availability of products stated in the quotation.”
To create a new request for quotation, purchase staff can follow this path: Purchase Management > Quotation Management > Create Quotation
Then the page will be shown as below:
➢Step 1: Fill in General Information tab
1) Choose Created Time
2) Choose Supplier to ask for quotation
3&4) Choose Currency & Currency Exchange Rate
5) Adding comments is optional
6) Click on Prepare Product List for the next step. You will be navigated to this view:
➢Step 2: Prepare product list
In this step, there are 5 ways for you to prepare product list:
Import products via a CSV file
Prepare product list based on supply need forecast
Prepare back sales products (Back sales products are ordered by customers but not available in stock now)
Prepare low stock products
Prepare product list manually with All Supplier Products button
Apart from importing products via a CSV file, you need to enter Purchase Cost, Tax, Discount and Qty Ordering for each product. Editing in line is allowed here. After entering all required fields, click Save button and Order Totals is automatically calculated.
➢Step 3: set up Shipping and Payment
1) Enter the address you want the stock to be shipped to
2) Select a shipping method for the quotation
3) Estimate and enter the shipping cost
4) Set start shipping date
5) Set expected delivery date
6) Select the payment term
7) Choose the way to place order: N/A, Email, Phone, Fax, supplier website
After filling all the information, click Save to save all changes. You can still update products information by editing in a specific product line. Then, choose Confirm Quotation to create a request for quotation.
Purchase Manager Validates Request for Quotation
To validate a request for Quotation, purchase manager goes to Purchase Management > Quotation Management, choose Quotation to see quotation list. At the list of quotation, click on View at the quotation has status as “confirmed”.
Then, the view will be shown as below:
In this page, you are able to edit in Shipping and Payment tab only.
1) Click Save to save your work.
2) To do more update about products information, click on Revert Quotation and you will be brought back to the previous step and enable to update products information. Later on, you will receive quotations from suppliers and compare their RFQ.
Purchase Staff Send Request for Quotation to Supplier
To send Request for Quotation to supplier, purchase staff go to Purchase Management > Quotation Management, choose Quotation to see quotation list. At the list of quotation, click on View at the quotation marked as “confirmed”.
On this page, click on Send Email. The request for Quotation will be sent to supplier via the email in supplier information.
Purchase Manager Approves Purchase Order
To approve Purchase order, purchase manager convert request for quotation to purchase order. In the Quotation view, click on Convert Quotation to PO.
As the quotation is converted to purchase order, you will be navigated to Purchase Order view
As can be seen, the purchase order is marked as “pending”. In this page, you are still able to update the product information as editing is allowed to be done directly in line. After finishing all editing, click on Save to save all changes.
Purchase Manager Confirms Purchase Order
To confirm purchase order, purchase manager clicks on Confirm Purchase Order and the page will be shown as below:
After being confirmed, the purchase order will be marked as “processing” and supplier will deliver products to store.
Purchase Staff Complete Purchase Order
To complete Purchase Order, purchase staff have to finish these tabs as shown in the list here:
Received Items tab
There are two ways to receive items:
1) Receive All Items: All products will be noted as received. Each product goes with detailed information including Received Date, SKU, Product Name, Received Qty and Created By.
2) Receive Items: By clicking on this button, you are able to choose a part of the purchase order. This method is most suitable when you use partial shipment. After selecting products, you need to enter the received date, select received products and fill Received Qty for each product.
Returned Items tab
Returned Items are records of items & Qty. returned against a purchase order. Click on Return Products to create a return.
1) You need to enter the returned date,
2) Select returned products by choosing Scan Barcode or Select Products, and fill Returned Qty for each product.
3) After that, you click on the Save button to save your work. The system will automatically subtract the returned Qty. that you entered from the corresponding warehouse’s inventory. Now, you can see the records of all returned items shown in the Return Items tab.
Multiple invoices can be created by products for one purchase order. When you click on Create an Invoice button, the Create an Invoice page will be shown like below:
1) You need to enter the billed date,
2) Select products and fill billed Qty, unit price, tax and discount for each product you want to create an invoice for.
3) After that, you click on the Save button to save your work. Now, you can see the records of all invoices shown in the Invoices tab.
Transferred Items tab:
After receiving products, you can transfer them to warehouses. Here is what we got in Transferred Items tab:
NOTE: after transferring products to warehouse, you will not be able to return them to vendor.
After clicking on Transfer Product to Warehouse button, you need to enter the transferred date, warehouse, select products and fill transferred Qty for each product you want to transfer. After that, you click on the Save button to save your work. Now, you can see the records of all transferred products in the Transferred Items tab.
Shipping and Payment and General Information tabs
After finishing the first 4 tabs, checking information in the 2 last tabs before completing the Purchase Order by clicking on Complete PO:
1) Shipping and Payment
2) General Information
As can be seen, the PO is marked as “completed” and no more changes can be done except for transferring items. Choose Transfer Items to transfer the remained items in the PO to any warehouses.
Inventory Staff Create Return Order
In order to request a product return, inventory staff can follow the path Purchase Management > Return Request Management > Return Requests
You will be led to the Create Return Request page
1) Return progress is controlled in 4 steps:
* New: input general information of the return process
* Pending: create the list of products to return to supplier
* Processing: the product list has been submitted to the supplier. Products, once delivered, are waiting to be validated and transferred to warehouse
2) Input the date that you create the return request
3) Choose the warehouse to take products out for return
4) Choose supplier to return products to
5) Input return reason (optional)
6) Click Prepare Product List to move to the next step
On Pending step:
1) View general information of the return request that you have input in the previous step.
2) There are 2 ways of preparing product list to return:
* Choose to either Import Products list via csv file (template provided)
* Or view and choose among all products of that supplier by clicking on All Supplier Products button.
3) Cancel the return request
4) Send an email to supplier to inform of the return
5) Print the list of returned items
6) Save your current process while stay on the page
After adding products, you can edit product quantity to return:
1) Select products to edit
2) Input product quantity to return
3) Click Save to save your current process and stay on page; or Confirm Order to continue.
Inventory Staff Confirm Delivery
After validating the products, inventory staff can process with the product receipt:
1) Click Complete PO to finish the Return request.
2) Click Transfer Items to transfer the received products to the warehouse that you have appointed before.
In Transfer items page:
1) Input the date of transfer
2) Choose either to select products by scanning barcode; or select products from a list with 2 steps as below
After selecting products or scanning barcode, you will be sent back to the Transfer Items page:
1) Input the product quantity to transfer (you can transfer partially in multiple times)
2) Click Save to continue
1) Click Complete PO to finish the return request
2) Click Transfer Items to continue transferring the rest of received products.
3&4) Select products and click button to Return to Supplier.
Confidential Information Notice
Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction of this document is prohibited.
This document and the information it contains constitute a trade secret of Magestore and may not be reproduced or disclosed to non-authorized users without the prior written permission from Magestore. Permitted reproductions, in whole or in part, shall bear this notice.