STORE PICKUP - USER GUIDE FOR MAGENTO 1
According to ComScore, 61% of shoppers would rather use free in-store pickup than pay for shipping. Thus, 72% of retailers start allowing Customers to purchase online before coming to a store and receive purchased products. If there is a chain of stores available, undoubtedly Customers will choose the nearest one as well as an appropriate time to arrive. How can the store-owner make that happen? The answer is Magento Store Pickup module – the most professional Magento shipping module, which allows setting up multiple Magento stores, showing addresses and opening time of each store for the Customers’ convenience.
HOW TO USE
Many times customers want to visit your physical store to pick up products ordered so they can test the quality as well as save the shipping fee. Below, let us introduce you how customers exploit all the usefulness when your store is integrated with the Store Pickup module.
View Store Information
Store Pickup module creates a separated page to list all of your stores in the front-end. Customers can access this page by clicking on Our Stores on Top-Link (the top right of the page) or Footer-Link (the bottom of the page).
The Store Listing page includes 4 sections: Store list, Search form, Google Map and Tags list.
- The list of all stores is shown on the bottom of Google Map. Customers can view store names and base images on this list. Click on the icon on the bottom right corner on the G-Map to show store list or click on the to hide store list
- Store locations are displayed on Google Map. Customers can zoom in/ zoom out and choose view mode as map/ satellite as preferred. Customers can also view store address or get direction by clicking on the pin icon of any store.
- Click on the icon to search stores by location. Customers need to enter the key word and select criteria. Results that are matched are shown on G-Map. Click on the icon to search stores by radius. After customers enter the the location then choose radius, related results are shown on G-Map.
- Besides, customers can also filter by tags. Customers just have to click on tags they want to search. Then, list of stores which admin add these tags to will be shown.
When customers click on a store on the map, they can instantly view the store location along with its name, address, phone number and store manager’s email address. Customers can also get direction on this box.
For more details of a store, customers can click on its View more info link to be navigated to the detailed page.
As you can see, this page shows all details that customers want to know about a store before arriving, such as location, contact info, working time, description and store images.
They can also view list of special days & holidays in Special day & Holiday information tab. Conveniently, they can email store manager by filling in the contact form then clicking on Submit.
Use Store Pickup at Checkout
The main function of Store Pickup module is allowing customers to select a preferred store at checkout to arrive and pick up their ordered products. This section will show you how the extension works for customers.
- In the Shipping method tab at checkout, customers can select Store Pickup as their shipping option. Then customers can select a store from the dropdown list:
Or customers can select on Google map as bellow:
- After selecting a store, customers need to choose a specific shipping date and time for arrival, and then check out as usual by clicking on the Continue button.
If the shipping date is one of store’s holidays, customers will get a message notifying them to choose another date. Thus, they can avoid arriving on the store’s days off. You can refer to section "Manage Holidays" to know how to set up these holidays.
- In the Payment Information tab, applicable payment methods for In-store Pickup are shown as your configuration.
- Before placing order, customers can also review the store address, shipping date and time along with other order information.
To view their orders with store pickup information, customers can go to My Account on Top-Link > My Orders tab > View Order.
To print orders, customers can click on Print Order on the top right.
Receive Order Emails
After placing orders, customers will receive the confirmation email with information about the pickup store.
HOW TO CONFIGURE
You have seen how Store Pickup works in front-end for customers. The following part will guide you through how to configure and manage the module in back-end.
New release:* One of the most important Google Maps APIs Standard Plan updates implemented on June 22, 2016 was that required future product updates are only available for requests made with an API key.**
However, Google Maps APIs Standard Plan advise all developers to use a key in order to guarantee their quality of service. Applications that continue to make keyless requests may experience some periodic service degradation if other keyless applications' usage spikes and draws down the global unchanged quota.
In order to get API key, follow these steps as follows:
Step 1: Visit APIs Console at https://console.developers.google.com/apis/library and log into your Google Account. Then, click Create project button on top of the menu.
Step 2: Fill in the project name and click Create button
Step 3: On the menu at the left side, you will see the Credentials Tab. Click this tab and after that, a box will appear with "API key" on it. It is where you should click in order to create API key for your browser apps.
After that you will see a box with a number of choices specifying which kind of key you would like to create. Choose Browser key
Step 4: Fill in your name and domain and then click create
Step 5: Get the key and paste it in your page
Step 6: Last but not least, in Library tab, let’s enable the APIs in red frame as below
In the back-end, go to Store Pickup → Manage stores. The Store Manager grid shows all stores created in your system with their address and status. To add new stores, you can add them manually and import from CSV files.
Click on the Add Store button on the top right corner of the Store Manager page. You will be navigated to the Add Store page, which includes 3 tabs: General Information, Time Schedule and Customer Messages.
- General Information tab: This tab has 3 sessions: Store Information, Contact Information and Google Map.
✓ Fill store’s name, shipping fee, address and description in Store Information session. You can select tags if you want your customers can search this store by tags.
Tips:* You can input content for the Description** field in HTML for better display in frontend, such as customized format, attached links.
✓ In Contact Form session, it allows you to enter information of store’s manager such as email address, phone number, etc. so customers will know how to contact if needed. You can configure to enable automatic emails sent to the store manager when pickup orders’ status is changed.
✓ Google Map session, you can fill in coordinates and set color of the store’s pin shown on Google map, which is very helpful as you can highlight any store from others just with a different pin color.
When customers want to pick up products at a specific store, they need to know the suitable time to arrive. This tab helps you set store’s opening time for that purpose. Let’s take Monday for example:
-If your store opens on Monday, choose Yes for Open.
-If your store opens from 6 am to 11 am and 1pm to 22 pm, set Opening Time as 6:00, Lunch break starts at 11:00, Lunch break ends at 13:00 and Closing Time as 22:00.
-When customers select their pickup time at checkout, you can set the interval between options, such as 30 minutes. Then the shipping time options shown in the dropdown box are 7:00, 7:30, 8:30, etc.
Similarly, you can set opening hours for each remaining day of the week. To quickly set up, click on the Apply to other days button on the top right corner of the Monday section. Other days will have the same working time as Monday.
- Customer Messages tab:
When customers fill in the Contact Form on the Store Detailed page, all messages are saved in this tab allowing admin/ store manager to review later.
After entering all required information, click on the Save Store or Save And Continue Edit buttons to create the store.
CSV file structure You can download the sample “stores.csv” file to view its structure. The columns are attribute values of the store and each row corresponds to one store. The title row (first row) contains the attribute name; you can note it (important!) because the system reads data from CSV files based on the name. If the attribute value of any stores is null, you don’t have to fill data in to it.
- Create a CSV file with information of your store following the sample file structure
- Click on button Choose File to select your CSV file
- Select Save Store to import the CSV file
On the Store Manager grid, you click on any store to edit. Besides 3 tabs when you create a new store, you can see more Related Orders tab.
When a store is imported or created manually, the system will automatically get the coordinates based on the store address by using Google API. However, in some cases, this way may be not completely accurate. Therefore, the Google Map tab allows you to edit store coordinates manually.
You can see it at the left upper. Click on this tab, the Google map will be displayed. You can reset store position by clicking on any point on the map, and then select Save Store.
When you edit the store address (street, city or state/province) in General Information, the store coordinates will be auto-updated after being saved. You can also edit the color of store’s pin shown on map and preview it.
- Related Orders tab:
This tab shows you all pickup orders of this store.
To set days off for your stores, go to Store Pickup → Manage Holidays. You will be navigated to the Holiday Manager page listing all holidays created. Click on Add Holiday button to create a new one.
On the Add Holiday page:
- Enter the holiday name
- Select store(s) to apply holiday from the list
- Select the start date and end date of holiday -Fill a notification message in the Comment field. It will be shown on your checkout page when customers select one of the holidays you set as their shipping date.
Remember to click on the Save Item button after entering required fields to save your work.
Manage Special Days
To set days with special working time for your stores, go to Store Pickup → Manage Special Days. You will be navigated to the Special Day Manager page listing all special days created. Click on the Add Special Day button to create a new one.
On the Add Special Day page:
- Enter special day name
- Select store(s) to apply special working days from the list
- Select the start date and end date of special days
- Set interval between shipping time options shown to customers at checkout, such as 15 minutes
- Choose opening and closing time applied to these special days
Remember to click on the Save Item button to save your work.
Note: Special days have the highest priority compared with holidays and other days. If a specific date is assigned as both store’s special day and holiday, it will be counted as special working day. The store still opens for pickup on that date but with special opening hours as you configured.
This page shows the list of tags that you added. This tags list will be shown on the Store listing page to your customers can filter stores by them.
To add a new tag, please click on Add Tag button, the Add Tags page will be shown and you need to fill tag’s name, upload icon and select status for that tag.
After that, remember to save your work by clicking on Save Tag button or Save And Continue Edit button.
View Pickup Orders
To view pickup orders in backend:
Go to Sales → Orders on the menu, choose the order in which the shipping name is the same as the pickup store’s name.
In the Information tab, you can see the information about shipping address changed to the address of pickup store and attached with a map location.
- Store Pickup tab shows you more detailed information of store location.
Receive Notification Emails about Pickup Orders
- Email sent to the store manager:
- Email sent to the web administrator:
To configure settings of the Store Pickup module, go to System > Configuration on the menu bar, choose the Shipping Methods tab on the left navigation, select the Store Pickup method. The configuration is divided into 4 groups including General, Store List, Checkout and Email Template
|1||Enable Store Pickup||Yes||Enable this module on your site|
|2||Store List link shown in frontend||Top Link/Footer Link/ Not Shown||Show Our stores link on the top link/ footer link in frontend or not|
|3||Google Map key||Fill the Google map key into this field to use Google API. You can get this key by following the guide link or going to Store Pickup > Guide|
- Description: enter description that will be shown on the Store Listing page
- Search Tab: select types of search tabs that will be shown on the search form.
- Store Search: select the information customers can select when they search by area
- Maximum Radius: enter the maximum radius that you allow your customer to search
- Unit of distance: select unit to measure distance between store and customer as Kilometers or Miles
- Carrier Title: The title shown in Shipping Method stage at checkout. - Method Title: Method title is shown in Shipping Method stage at checkout - Default store at checkout: Choose this store as the default store in Shipping Method at checkout when customers select the Store Pickup option - Display pickup time/date: Allow customers to select pickup date and time at checkout or not. - Time format: Set format of shipping time and store’s working time. - Applicable payment method(s): You can select payment methods applied to Store Pickup here. If you choose Only Selected Payment Methods, it will apply only specific payment methods for pickup orders. - Select applicable payment methods: Select the payment methods that you allow customers to choose between these payment methods to pay for pickup orders
- Email Template:
You can modify default email template sent to store manager and admin when pickup order is created, changed status or customers send message through the Contact Form.
After configuring all fields, click on the Save Config button to save your work
Version 4.3 (Updated on Aug 2016)
Version 4.1 (Updated on 8 July 2015)
Updated responsive interface
Version 4.0 (upgraded on Apr 29th 2014)
Rewrite stores’ URLs instead of using store ID to make them more friendly
Optimize configurations in backend
Redesign the View Store section at checkout and the Store Listing page
Sort stores in selector by distance at checkout
Allow Customers to choose pickup time only after choosing a store and a pickup date
Version 3.9 (upgraded on Jul 16th 2013)
Improve performance on IE
Improve configuring to limit the number of stores shown on the Checkout page
Version 3.8 (upgraded on May 21th 2013)
Work with the new version of Google Maps API.
Version 3.7 (upgraded on April 18th 2013)
Update print invoice to PDF file
Version 3.6 (upgraded on Feb 18th 2013)
Improve customers viewing each store map
Update translating labels by CSV files
Improve email sending when creating orders in Backend
Version 3.5 (upgraded on Dec 17th 2012)
Version 3.4 (upgraded on Oct 12th 2012)
Improve speed of loading and calculating store distance.
Add feature of paging for all store views page.
Improve Shipping/Invoice page (in back-end)
Version 3.3 (upgraded on Oct 1st 2012)
Update translation in backend
Version 3.2 (upgraded on Aug 23th 2012)
Allow administrator to add image(s) to all store showrooms.
Version 3.1 (upgraded on Jul 2nd 2012)
Improve checking-out using Paypal Express
Compatible with Magento Enterprise 1.12.
Version 3.0 (upgraded on Apr 16th 2012)
Allow creating order that uses store pickup method in back-end.
Version 2.3 (upgraded on Mar 24th 2012)
Work with new version of Google Map (API v3).
Version 2.2 (upgraded on Nov 21th 2011)
Improve saving billing address
Version 2.1 (upgraded on Oct 27th 2011)
Optimize the speed of loading stores in checkout page.
Save information if using Paypal express payment
Version 2.0 (upgraded on Apr 7th 2011)
Version 1.4 (upgraded Feb 25th 2011)
Fixed issue: Element "free-location-box" is null
Improve Display pickup time/date (configuration)
Confidential Information Notice
Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction of this document is prohibited.
This document and the information it contains constitute a trade secret of Magestore and may not be reproduced or disclosed to non-authorized users without the prior written permission from Magestore. Permitted reproductions, in whole or in part, shall bear this notice.