PURCHASE MANAGEMENT - USER GUIDE FOR MAGENTO 2
Purchase Management is a Magento 2 module, which helps you manage purchasing and receiving stock from suppliers. All information about Purchase Order, Quotation and Suppliers are kept track and automatically updated in the system.
HOW TO CONFIGURE
Purchase Order Configuration
- Path: Purchase Management > Settings section > Purchase Management
Here, you can configure product, shipping method, payment method, payment term and tax-shipping:
- Product Config
Get products from: you have two options – All Store and Supplier. (Choose Supplier)
- Shipping Method
Enter the Name, choose Status (enable or disable). To remove one shipping method, click on the Trash icon beside.
Click on Add to create one more shipping method
- Payment Method
Enter the Name, choose Status (enable or disable). To remove one payment method, click on the Trash icon beside.
Click on Add to create one more payment method.
- Payment Term
Enter the Name, write Description and choose Status (enable or disable). To remove one payment term, click on the Trash icon beside.
Click on Add to create one more payment term.
- Tax & Shipping
Here, you have two options:
(1) Apply Customer Tax: choose when you want to apply Customer Tax – Before Discount or After Discount (you MUST untick the box Use System Value)
(2) Use System value: tick it if you want to use default setting
Allow using and importing supplier pricelist: choose Yes if you need to update your supplier pricelist every day.
HOW TO USE
- Path: Purchase Management > Supplier section > Manage suppliers
View Supplier Details
On the Manage Suppliers page, you can view the table including information about Supplier Code, Total SKU, Purchase Order Value, Last Purchase Order On, and Status.
Moreover, in the Action column, you can click on View for more detail about the supplier including which Products they have provided, along with Supplier Information, Supplier Address and Purchase Sales List
Add a new Supplier
Click on Add New Supplier and Fill Supplier Information and Supplier Address
- Supplier Information
(1) Supplier Code: enter the code based on your own rules
(2) Supplier Name: enter the supplier’s name
(3) Contact Person: enter the name who you can contact when you need supply
(4) Email: enter the Contact Person’s email
(5) Description: enter the description if any
(6) Status: select whether the supplier is Enable or Disable
- Supplier Address
Fill Supplier Address, such as Telephone, Fax, Street, City, Country, Region, Zip/Postal Code, and Website
Finally, don’t forget to click on Save to complete this step.
Now you can assign products to this supplier. After you click on Save button, your screen will appear like following:
There are two ways to assign products to the supplier: Add product manually and import products via a csv file.
If you choose to upload products manually, remember to enter related information for each one: Supplier SKU, Cost and Tax. Otherwise, importing products in mass is recommended. A csv file sample is offered. In case you have a mistake on importing products, Delete Product button can help.
- Path: Purchase Management > Supplier section > Manage pricelist
“Pricelist is a list of prices for the goods offered by a supplier. It usually consists of Minimal Qty and Cost”
On the Manage Pricelist page, you can view Product SKU, Supplier, Product Supplier SKU, Minimal Qty., Cost, Start Date and End Date.
You can also delete the pricelist by ticking on the selected supplier on the 1st column, and select Delete in the Actions field
You can update the pricelist by click on Add Pricelist or Import Pricelist
- Add Pricelist
To add pricelist, you must complete three required steps:
Step 1: Supplier: Select the supplier that you want to add pricelist to
Step 2: Click on Select Products button
A pop-up will be shown
(1) Tick on the selected product(s)
(2) Click on Select Product to finish
Step 3: Finally, click on Add Selected Product(s) to finish
- Import Pricelist
(1) Click on Choose File to upload a CSV file. A sample is available for download.
(2) Click on Import to finish
“A quotation (or a request for quotation) is the proposal of price and quantity of goods that store owners send to suppliers. The quotation will become purchase order when a seller sends confirmation of price and availability of products stated in the quotation.”
Create a new Quotation
- Path: Purchase Management > Quotation Management section > Create Quotation
Step 1: Fill in General Information
(1) Created Time: click on Calendar to select Created Date (or you can use the system date)
(2) Supplier: select the supplier that you want to send quotation
(3) Currency: choose the currency
(4) Currency Exchange Rate: the amount of the currency in point 3 above that equals to 1 USD
(5) Comments: enter comments ifany
(6) Click on Prepare Product List button to move to the next step
Step 2: Select the products you need supplying.
(1) After clicking on Prepare Product List button, You can view Summary Information, including time (Created At), Purchase form, Payment Term and Shipping Method, as below:
(2) You add products that need supplying.
All products that you add will be shown on the table, where you should edit Current Cost, Purchase Cost, and Qty. Offering. Besides, you can edit SKU, Product Name, Supplier SKU, Tax, Discount and even Delete the products from the Quotation.
There are 5 ways toprepare product list: Import Products, add Supply Needs Products, Back Sales Products, Low Stock Products and All Supplier Products:
- Import Products:
Similar to step 3 in Manage Pricelist section
- Supply Needs Products:
(1) Warehouse(s): select warehouse(s) to see products that need supply
(2) Sales Period: select the Sales Period
(3) Forecast Supply Need to: click on Calendar to choose the date that you want to forecast
(4) Click on Show Supply Needs button, then the name and Qty. of products will be shown in the table
(5) Select/ deselect the products and Click on Add Selected Products to finish
- Back Sales Products: Back orders products are ordered by customers but not available in stock at that moment.
(1) Tick on the product SKU that need supplying
(2) Click on Add Selected Products button to finish
- Low Stock Products:
(1) Select Low Stock: choose one of your low stock notification
(2) Tick on the product SKU that need supplying
(3) Click on Add Selected Products button to finish
- All Supplier Products:
(1) Tick on the products that need supplying
(2) Click on Add Selected Products button to finish.
After you added all the products you need supplying, you need to:
(1) Tick on the product(s) that you want to edit the Qty. Ordering and Purchase Cost (or Tax, Discount)
(2) Edit the Purchase Cost, Tax, Discount and Qty. Ordering. Remember Purchase Cost and Qty. Ordering are required fields
(3) Click on Save to update the quotation
Step 3: Fill in Shipping and Payment method
(1) Shipping Address: enter the shipping address
(2) Shipping Method: choose one of your shipping method
(3) Shipping Cost: enter the cost of shipment
(4) Start Shipping Date: choose Calendar to pick the date Expected Delivery Date: choose Calendar to pick the date when you want your products to arrive
(5) Payment terms: choose one of your payment terms
(6) Sales Place Via: you have 5 options – Email, Fax, Phone, Vendor Website or N/A
Remember to click Save to update what you have edited
Step 4: Review the quotation.
Here, you can review/edit the quotation information including the Order Totals.
Step 5: Send Request to the suppliers or Print the quotation
- Back: if you want to come back the Quotation Management page
- Cancel: delete the quotation. A pop-up will be shown to make sure you want to cancel it.
- Send Request: the request will be sent to supplier via email
- Print: to print out the Quotation
- Save: click here to update and finish this quotation as the draft
- Confirm Quotation: after the quotation is confirmed, the system will allow you to check again the information, then
(1) Back: get back the Quotation Management page
(2) Cancel: delete the quotation. A pop-up will be shown to make sure you want to cancel it. Then if you really want to cancel this, you click on Delete button, if not, you click on Back then you will be linked the quotation management site.
(3) Send Email: send the Quotation Confirmation email to supplier
(4) Print: print out the Quotation Confirmation
(5) Save: update what you have edited on Shipping and Payment field
(6) Convert Quotation to PO: create Purchase Order from the quotation
(7) Revert Quotation: get back to the Quotation Creation page, to edit product(s)
- Path: Purchase Management > Quotation Management section > Quotation
Here, you can view Quotation Number, Created At, Supplier, Required Qty., Grand Total (including Tax), and Status.
Besides, you can view more detail by clicking on View in the Action column
You can view and edit Summary Information, Shipping and Payment, and General Information
“Purchase Order (PO) is a document sent to a specific supplier to purchase more inventories for your warehouses. It contains descriptions, quantities, prices, discounts, payment terms, date of performance or shipment, other associated terms and conditions.”
Create Purchase Order
- Path: Purchase Management > Purchase Order Management section > Create Purchase Order
When creating Purchase Order, you will see a tab showing steps at which Purchase Order is. They are New, Pending, Processing, and Completed.
Step 1: input General Information
Enter required information. Similar to Step 1 in Create a new Quotation
Click on Prepare Product List button to move to the next step
Step 2: Add products to the Purchase Order
Similar to Step 2 in Creating a Quotation, there are 5 ways to prepare product list:
- Import products via a CSV file
- Prepare product list based on supply need forecast
- Prepare back order products (Back orders products are ordered by customers but not available in stock now)
- Prepare low stock products
- Prepare product list manually with All Supplier Products button
Then, click on Confirm Purchase Order at the top right to continue.
Step 3: Setting Shipping and Payment
- Enter the address you want the stock to be shipped to
- Select a shipping method for the purchase order
- Estimate and enter the shipping cost
- Set start shipping and expected delivery date
- Select the payment term
- Choose the way to place order: N/A, Email, Phone, Fax, Vendor website
After this step, choose Save and the purchase order status will be changed to Pending. At this time, you can choose to Send Request to the supplier (Request will be sent to suppliers’ email address), Print the purchase order, Cancel or Confirm Purchase Order.
You should double-check all information before confirming purchase order. After being confirmed, the purchase order status will be changed to Processing.
You can view Summary Information, General Information and edit Invoices, Received Items, Returned Items, Transfered Items, Shippping and Payment.
You can click on Complete PO to complete the purchase order (its status will be changed to Completed) even if you have not received all requested items. When the purchase order status is Completed, you cannot receive items anymore but you still transfer received items into warehouses after that.
You can also click on Receive Items button to note which and how many items are received.
- Summary Information
You can view the time, supplier, shipping method, payment term, product list and sales totals report
- Receive Items When the purchase order’s status is processing, you can be navigated to the following view and receive or return items:
The table will shown received items with information including Received Data, SKU, Product Name, Supplier SKU, Received Qty and Created By
- If you click on Receive all items, then all items that you need supplying are ordered.
- If you click on Receive items to note the received quantity of some items only. This method is most suitable when you use partial shipment.
(1) Received Time: click Calendar to pick the Date you received the items
(2) Product List:
- Scan Barcode: update product list by scanning product barcode
- Select Products: a pop-up will be shown as below
Tick on the product(s) you received. Then click on Select button to complete
After that, you need to enter the product quantity you received in the Receive Qty field.
Finally, click Save to finish
- Returned Items
In the Returned Items tab, you can return products to the Supplier by clicking on Return Products button. Please refer to Create Return Request for more details.
The invoice you created will be shown on the table, including information such as Invoice ID, Billed Date, Invoice Total, Total Paid, Total Refund, and Billed Qty.
Click on Create an Invoice. Note that multiple invoices can be created for one purchase order.
(1) Billed From: select the date it is billed
(2) Product List: click on Selected Products button, then a pop-up will be shown
(3) Tick on the product(s) you select. Then click on Select button to finish
- Transferred Items
After receiving products, you can transfer them to warehouses by clicking Transfer Product to Warehouse.
You will need to fill information like Transferred Date, SKU, Product Name, Supplier SKU, Transferred Qty, Transferred to and Created By. After that, you click on the Save button to save your work. After that, you can see the records of all transferred products in the Transferred Items tab.
Shipping and Payment: as above
General Information: as above
Step 4: Completed
Here, you can view Summary Information (Short Information, Product List and Sales Totals), Invoices, Received Items, Shortfall items, Returned Items, Transfered Items, Shipping and Payments, and General Information
Then, you can click on Send Email, to send this purchase order to your supplier. Click on Print to print out the Purchase Order
Manage Purchase Order
- Path: Purchase Management > Purchase Order Management section > Purchase Orders
You can view the purchase date (Purchase On – Expect Delivery On), supplier, Requested Qty, Received Qty, Total Paid, Grand Total (Including Tax) and Status. Beside, you can view more details by clicking on View, or delete the purchase order by tick on the order then choose action Delete.
Return Items are records of items & Qty. returned against a purchase order. You can return partial or all items in the PO.
Create Return Request
- Path: Purchase Management > Return Request Management section > Create Return Request
Step 1: status New: input General Information
(1) Created Time: select Calendar to choose date
(2) Warehouse: select warehouse that holds the Returned Items
(3) Supplier: select the one who supplies the items
(4) Reason: enter the reason why you returned it
Then, click on Prepare Product List button to move to the next step
Step 2: status Pending: Prepare products to create return request
(1) First, you need to select product(s) that you want to return: you can Import Products, Scan Products (instruction below) and select from All Supplier Products
With Scan Products, you need to:
(1) Product List: scan product barcode and it will appears here
(2) Click on Add Products to finish
(2) Click on Confirm Request to move to next step. After this step, a return request is recorded with Processing status and awaits confirmation from the Supplier before you actually send items from warehouse. At this step, stock has not been subtracted from the warehouse yet.
You can also Send request to supplier via email or print the return request.
Step 3: Status Processing: Send items and/or finish return request
If the supplier confirms the return request, you can start sending products by clicking on Delivery items.
A new window will open. You can select the date to send stock, choose to Subtract stock on warehouse once this step is completed, return products by scanning barcode or select from the product list and click Save to finish.
If you have selected Subtract stock on warehouse option, the returned stock is now subtracted from your warehouse.
Note that you can return partial items and come back later to return the rest.
You can click on Complete Request to complete the return request even if you send back items in the previous step above or not. Once you have completed the return request, you will NOT be able to receive or edit further information of this request. The request status is marked Completed.
Step 4: status Completed
You can review the information you have created, send it via email to the supplier or print it out.
Manage Return Request
You can see Return Number, Return On (date), Supplier, Warehouse, Returned Qty, Delivered Qty., and Status
(1) Click on Create Return Request button if you want to create a new one.
(2) Select the return request and click View to see all details of the request.
Version 1.1.0 (released on Oct 9, 2017)
Compatible with Magento 2.2
Version 1.0.1 (released on Jul 19, 2017)
Allow to assign product to suppliers when adding new product
Update code - verified by Magento Marketplace standards
Confidential Information Notice
All Rights Reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction of this document is prohibited.
This document and the information it contains constitute a trade secret of Magestore and may not be reproduced or disclosed to non-authorized users without the prior written permission from Magestore. Permitted reproductions, in whole or in part, shall bear this notice.