RETAILER POS - USER GUIDE FOR MAGENTO 2
Magento 2 Retailer POS is a point-of-sale app for iOS. With an iPad on hand, sales staff can process easy and fast transactions either on the go or at the counter. Natively build for Magento retail business, this POS allows automatic data synchronization between the app and your Magento store. You can apply custom discounts in cart, accept split payment, note shipping details for each order from your iPad. Ready to sell your products 10 times faster?
HOW TO CONFIGURE
Before using Retailer POS to check out, admin needs to configure it in backend first. Please read the user guide carefully to know how to configure information you want
How to enable a payment method for Retailer POS
To set up payment method for Retailer POS, go to Sales > Web POS > Settings > Payment for POS. Then, you will be able to see:
- Applicable payments:
• If you want to apply all payments, choose All Allowed Payments
• If you want to apply some particular payment methods only, choose Specific Payments. Then in Specific Payments field, select payment method as your preference. Hold Shift + Click to choose more than one.
- Default Payment Method: You can choose any payment method as default payment method for POS
If you want to set Cash In to be the default payment method for instance, you first have to choose it in Specific Payments field. Then, select option Web POS – Cash In in Default Payment Method field.
How to set up a shipping method for Retailer POS
To set up Shipping Methods for Retailer POS, go to Sales > Web POS > Settings > Shipping Methods, the following page will be shown as below:
- Applicable shipping methods:
• If you want to apply all shipping methods, choose All Allowed Shipping
• If you want to apply some particular shipping methods only, choose Specific Shipping. Then in Specific Shipping field, select shipping method as your preference. Hold Shift + Click to choose more than one.
- Default Shipping Method: You can choose one of three shipping methods supported to set as default payment method for POS
If you want to set Store Pickup to be the default shipping method for instance, you first have to choose it in Specific Shipping field. Then, select option Store Pickup in Default Shipping Method field.
- Enable "Mark as shipped" by default: choose Yes if you want to mark items as shipped.
After finishing, click on Save Config button to save your work.
What is default customer & how to configure Default Guest Checkout
What is default customer
Default customer is the customer whose information will be used for Guest Checkout or when customer information is not enough, default value will be filled automatically.
How to configure Default Guest Checkout
To configure Default Guest Checkout, go to Sales > Web POS > Settings > Default Guest Checkout. You will see the configuration page as below:
Fill in all information as you want to use as default, including First Name, Last Name, Street, Country, State/Province, City, Zip/Postal Code, Telephone and Email. After finishing, click on Save or Save and Continue Edit button to save your work.
How to change logo of Retailer POS
To change logo of Retailer POS, go to Sales > Web POS > Settings > Web POS Logo. In this tab, you can see configuration as follows:
- Web POS logo: Upload your logo here. Please note that recommended size is 250x50px & supported files are jpg, png After finishing, click on Save or Save And Continue Edit button to save your work.
How to add a Retailer POS user
To add new user using Retailer POS, go to Sales > Web POS > Manage Staff. Here you can see a list of users that have been created.
You can also export user list to csv/xml file or add new Retailer POS user.
- Click on Add Staff button then you will be directed to the following page:
Fill in all information of the user, including User Name, Password, Password Confirmation, Display Name, Email Address, PIN code. Then, click Save or Save And Continue Edit.
Enter all information of the user settings such as Customer Group, Location, Roles, Status, POS
Please note that to select the role for user, you need to add a role first. Please go to the section: How to differentiate access permissions of Retailer POS users for more details.
- To edit a user, click on the Edit link in Staff manager page.
You can edit which information you want here:
After finishing, click on Save User or Save And Continue Edit button to save your work.
How to differentiate access permissions of Retailer POS users
- To grant different permission for Retailer POS user, go to Sales > Web POS > Manage Roles. The Role Manager page will be shown. You can export role user list to csv/xml file:
- To add a new role, click on Add Role button in the top right corner. You will see the Add Role page. Here there are three tabs, including General, Permission and Staff List.
-In General tab, please make sure you fill in enough Role information
- Role Name: Enter a specific name for the role in order to find it easily
- Maximum discount percent: limit the highest discount percent that each user role can offer customers
- Description: Enter text that describes the role
-In Permission tab, choose which all or specific permissions you want to grant for this role. Use Shift + Click to choose more than one
-In Staff List tab, tick on users who will have corresponding permission in Retailer POS system.
After finishing, click on Save or Save And Continue Edit button to save your work.
- To edit a current role, click on "Edit" link on Role Manager page, then you will be redirected to Edit Role page:
When finishing editing, please click on Save or Save And Continue Edit button to save the change.
How to add a new POS and assign it to a cashier
- To add a new POS, go to Sales > Web POS > Manage POS. The POS Manager page will be shown. Click to Add POS to create a new POS
- Fill enough information for new POS such as POS Name, Location, Store View, Current Staff, Status, Available for other staff
- POS Name: You enter the name of your point of sales
- Location: Select location to set POS. Each location may have a lot of POS
- Store View: Select Store view from your list
- Current Staff: Staff is working on the POS
- Status: Enable or Disable.
- Available for other staff: When checked: another staff can use the POS when it is available.
Then, click Save or Save And Continue Edit.
- To edit a POS, click on the Edit link in POS manager page.
You can edit information of POS here:
After finishing, click on Save POS or Save And Continue Edit button to save your work.
- To assign POS to a cashier, go to Sales > Web POS > Manage Staffs > Edit Staff > POS. Here you can assign several POS to a staff
After finishing, click on Save POS or Save and Continue Edit button to save your work.
How to connect Retailer POS with peripheral devices
Magestore Retailer POS module can connect with Barcode readers, Card Swipe, Wireless Cash Drawer & Receipt printers
• Card Swipe (via Audio jack)
• Receipt printer
• Barcode scanner (connected via Bluetooth device/iPad camera)
• Wireless Cash Drawer
HOW TO USE
You have finished settings for Magento 2 Retailer POS, now please move to the part of HOW TO USE Retailer POS for checkout
How a Retailer POS user logs in & manages his account
After downloading and installing the app in your iPad, open the app and you will see a login screen. User needs to fill in domain, an account & password to continue:
To manage his account, the user should tab the menu icon at the top left of the screen >>> Settings:
Then, click on My Account tab and the user can see his information. He can also change his password if he wants
How to switch between cashiers with PIN code
Each staff will be set restrictions based on staff roles and responsibilities. Limit who can make a discount or give a refund. However, with Retailer POS app, you can flexibly switch between cashiers in the middle of transaction just with a PIN code (4 digital) which is added to when creating a POS user. In order to change cashier, you can follow the step below:
- On the left top of the screen click on “change” icon.
- Choose the POS user
- You will have to insert the user's PIN code to be able to continue.
Now you can see that the cashier has changed.
How to filter & search products quickly
In backend, you can configure to search products by going to Sales > Web POS > Settings
- In General Configuration section: Enable Allow synchronizing order from Web POS if there are out-of-stock items by choosing Yes option.
- Product Search section:
In frontend, you can search products by 3 ways, which are categories, product attributes and barcode
- Product Attribute(s) for Search: Select attributes by which you want to search products. The default attributes are Name & SKU. If you want to search quickly by barcode, choose barcode attribute. Hold Shift + Click to pick more than one.
- Barcode Attributes: Choose SKU to search products quickly
- Use categories: In frontend, you can click on All Categories link to quickly search products by categories. Choose the corresponding categories as you prefer.
Besides normal categories, you can select search by Recently Added Products & Frequently Added Products:
- Recently Added Products: A list of products that have been newly added to cart.
- Frequently Added Products: A list of products that have most often been added to cart
- Use product attributes: To search by product attributes, click on Search icon, then a search bar will be shown. Enter your search terms and matching products will display right away.
How to add products to cart
Add products to cart:
- With simple products, you just need 1 tap to add them to cart
- With configurable, bundle, grouped products, after clicking, you will see a popup shown to choose your option. Then, tap on Done button.
Edit products in cart
After adding products to cart, you can edit the quantity of each product by selecting the product that needs editing. A popup will display with edit option for Qty.
To edit Qty., just enter a wanted number or tap on +/-. The number of products will be adjusted in the cart right away.
Remove products in cart
- To remove products in cart one by one, edit the quantity of it back to 0.
To clear all cart, tap on “trash” icon on the menu:
How to add a custom sale item to cart
What is custom sale item & what it is for
Custom sale item is the item that Retailer POS user creates when checkout. It is used when the product hasn’t been added to the system or Retailer POS user cannot find it in the product list.
How to add Custom Sale to cart
In frontend, select Custom Sale button if you want to add the custom product to cart
A screen will be shown for you to configure this custom product
- Name: Enter the name of custom product
- Shippable: If choose whether this product will be shipped or not by turning on or off this option
- Price: Enter the price of this product
After finishing configuration, tap Add to Cart button and check out as normal. Please note that this custom sale product will not be saved for the next checkout.
How to apply a coupon code or a cart discount
After adding products to cart, to apply a coupon code or discount on the whole cart, tap on Discount button. Then, a popup will display as below:
You can choose between using Custom Discount or Coupon Code
- In Custom Discount tab:
- Name: Enter a name for this discount as you will easily check it again
- Discount Type: Select discount by fixed amount or percentage
- Amount: Fill in discount value as you offer for your customers.
Then, the cart will be updated automatically after you click on Apply button.
- In Coupon Code tab:
Just fill in available coupon you want to offer for your customers. The cart will be updated automatically after you click on Apply button.
How to apply a custom discount or custom price to a product
After adding products to cart, besides editing the quantity of each product (refer to section 3.4.2. Edit products in cart for more details), you can click on the product to edit other information. A popup will display with edit option for Custom Price, Discount. Remember that you can only change information by Custom Price OR Discount, not both of them at a time for a product.
- You can set custom price for products by tap Custom Price button.
In the popup, please choose type you want to adjust for the price, according to fixed number or percentage. - If you edit fixed price, the price will be changed to the price you have entere - If you edit by percentage, the price will be decrease by the percent you have entered (it is similar to Discount by percentage) Then, products in cart will be updated with the price you edit
- Editing discount for each product is similar to edit by Custom Price. Click on Discount button and choose types of discount–fixed discount or percentage–you want to adjust.
How to handle customer information at checkout
To use Customer Checkout, add customer by clicking on Add Customer link. You will see a screen as below:
- Search customers:
In the search box, you can quickly find the customer by entering his name, email, phone or address. Choose customer from suggested results in dropdown list.
The information of customer in the system will be auto updated in checkout step.
Other ways, users can search for products by using QR Code/ Barcode scanning. Our RetailerPOS offers an extremely convenient way for your customer checkout process by allowing scanning customer’s QR Code/ Barcode in their member card or loyalty app. Click on the Scan icon in the Search bar. The system will automatically fill customer info into checkout form.
- Create new customer
If customer hasn’t been added in your system before, instead of searching, click on Create New Customer button.
Fill enough information of the customer such as First Name, Last Name, Email, Phone, Group of Customer. Remember to tap Save button to save the customer information for the next checkout.
Fill in the information for Shipping Address such as Phone, Street, City, etc Fill enough information of Billing Address such as Phone, Street, City, etc
When you use Guest Checkout, the default customer that you configure in backend will be used (Please hover to the section 2.3.1 What is default customer & how to configure Default Guest Checkout to get more details). At checkout, all fields will be auto-filled with that default information.
How to add comments to an order
When you need to add comments
In some special situations, to remember about your order, you can add comment to it so that you will easily check it later. The comments on order are used internally.
How to add comments
Click on Add Order Comment icon in the top right corner. In the Order Comment box, type the content that reminds you of this order. Then, save it.
How to check order comment
- In Retailer POS screen
To view comment of order, you can go to Orders tab in Retailer POS screen, choose an order then scroll down to see Comment History
- In Magento backend
Go to Sales > Orders > click on a specific order. In order details page, scroll down to Comment History tab to check whether it has any notes or not.
How to process at checkout for a customer
You have been through steps to add products to cart and add customer, let’s move to checkout process.
- When products are added to cart, select Checkout button at the end of the cart page
You will be redirected to the next page with information of Shipping & Payment Method
In Shipping method tab:
- Need to Ship: Turn on to add Shipping Address
- Choose Shipping method
- Select Delivery date
- In Payment method tab:
For Retailer POS checkout, you can choose among payment methods that are applicable. There are several payment methods for Retailer POS checkout, which you can configure in backend:
After that, click on Place Order button to complete checkout process. There will be a notification as below:
Click New Order to go back to the Checkout window and continue creating order/checkout for another guest. Click Print to print the order receipt.
Split Payment with Retailer POS
How to make payment via Retailer POS using multiple methods
You can use more than 1 payment method for split payments when checkout with Retailer POS. Let me give you an example.
Customer’s order value is $45.00
- Your customer wants to pay $20 in cash and the remaining ($25) is paid by Custom Payment. Then, you will fill the amount at the blank space next to “Web POS – Custom Payment 2”. Then click Place Order to finish.
- Support multiple payment methods for one order
- Not require Cash in method as compulsory
How to create multi-orders for different customers
Retailer POS allows you to create multi-orders for different customers and keep orders open until customers end up transaction. That means you can open multiple orders to serve lots of different customers at the same time. For example someone is paying for something in your shop and they decide to go and get another product, so you can keep this order open while you still can carry on serving the next customer.
You may select Continue Processing whenever customer is willing to take final action for payment or you may Cancel it if it is not effective anymore.
How to print receipt and email order information
You can print receipt or email order information right after creating an order. Remember that you must be online and have permission to do these actions.
The receipt will look like the screenshot below:
How to review orders
In POS screen, you can review orders by choosing Orders tab from sidebar. Here you can see the order list and order details
- Order status
In order list, the status of order is distinguished by color
- Complete: Green
- Processing: Blue
- Pending: Orange
- Canceled: Gray
- Order searching
To quickly find an order to review, you can search it by Order ID or Customer’s Name/Email
How to create shipment or issue refund for an order
How to create shipment
There are two ways to create shipment using Retailer POS: before placing an order and when reviewing order
- Before placing an order
Before an order is created by clicking Place Order, you can create shipment by turn it on as below:
After verifying shipment method, the system will automatically load to Successful Order Page:
- When reviewing an order
Another way is to go to Orders History tab in Retailer POS screen. Choose the order you want to create shipment, then click on Ship button.
There will be a message shown to notify you that shipment is created successfully. Please note that to use this way, you need to have permission and be in online mode.
- Partial Shipment
If you chose to enable Partial Shipment, a box of Items to Ship will appear when you tap Ship in Order tab. Enter the quantity of each product customers want to ship, select Ship.
How to issue refund
Some certain staffs have permission to issue refund by cash (which is set by admin in backend. See How to differentiate access permissions of Retailer POS users for more details).
To issue refund, go to Orders tab in POS screen, you choose the order that is required to refund. Tap on Refund button in the end.
A popup will display so that you can fill in the information before making refund. Tick Return to stock if you want to return those items back to your stock.
After that, you will get the message informing that credit memo is created successfully. Please make sure you have permission to issue refund.
How to run sales report: based on staff, location or payment method
Based on Staff
In backend, go to Sales > Report. To view reports by staff, please choose Staff Report
The report with information of Period, Staff, Sales Total will be show in the table as follows. You can also export it to csv/xml files.
Based on sale location
Similar to run reports based on staff, go to Sales > Web POS > Report. Choose Location Report view it in different types. The report will be shown with the information of Period, Location and Total Sales.
Please go to section Based on Staff to know more details.
Based on payment method
Similar to run reports based on staff and location, go to Sales > Web POS > Report. Choose Payment Report view it in different types. The report will be shown with the information of Period, Payment method and Total Sales. All payment methods will be listed down with the record of Grand Total in details respectively
How to run Z-reports
The Z-report will be refreshed to serve new shift/working day after you select Close Store. Particularly, your cash drawer will be reset to 0 or to the certain amount This report contains data of all orders which is similar to your backend but via POS system only by going to Sales > Web POS > Z-Report. Want to export data? You can choose 1 of 2 options including csv or excel xml.
The Z-Report page displays overview information of each session recorded in each POS including Session ID, Staff account, POS name, session opening/closing time and balance
Click on Print of a specific Report to view and print the report.
Z-report shows the cash drawer balance in a certain time like a shift or a working day. All payment methods are listed down with the record of Grand Total in details respectively. If there is no customer use Cash on Delivery method to purchase orders, it will not appear in the Payment Method section. The Z-report will be refreshed to serve new shift/working day after you select Close Store. Particularly, your cash drawer will be reset to 0 or to the certain amount that you set up in Cash Left. Each Z-report is automatically saved in Magento backend so you can check it again.
How to use Session Management
What is Session Management
Session Management is a place where records cash flow after each cashier’s shift. You have frequent cash in/out beside normal order transactions like paying electrical bills, balancing cash amount in hand, etc? Retailer POS system records deposits and withdrawals from your working shift then compare them with actual cash amount (counted in notes) after cashier’s shift ends up. You can easily set up it in Back-end by going to Sales > Web POS > Settings > Need to create session before working:
How to create a session
After you choose “Yes” in Back-end to require to open a session before working, the following pop-up will be shown as below:
Cashiers will carry out to open a new session before getting started their shift. Fill in necessary information for each session
- Responsible: Role of POS user (Cashier, Order management, etc)
- Point of sales: Select POS you are working
- Pening Balance: Enter the total amount of cash at the beginning of a new session in your drawer
Then clicking Open Session to begin your shift.
How to Record Cash in and Cash out
After you start a new session, you will see basic information on the current session and may make adjustment of cash in/out during your shift, record deposits and withdrawals from your cash drawer. Cash in and out appears in the drawer history on the iPad, with both the description you enter and the total amount in the drawer.
- Put Money In: Enter the cash amount you add to your drawer and a description
- Take Money Out: Enter the cash amount you remove from your drawer and a description
How to End a Session
After your your shift is ended, you can close your session. The popup following will be shown with information of Opening Balance, Transaction, Theoretical Closing Balance, Real Closing Balance, Difference:
You can make adjustment of money in/out and set Closing Balance for your drawer by click “Set Closing Balance” button. Enter information such Coin/Bill value, Number of Coins/Bills, Subtotal to easily manage the amount of money in your cash drawer
Tap “Confirm” and Close Session. The popup following will be shown to ensure that you want to close your session at the moment.
Click to “Validate” to close session and view Z-report. The Current Balance will be shown in the Z-report, which will be automatically reset to 0 or certain amount set after you close store.
Confidential Information Notice
Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved. Any unauthorized reproduction of this document is prohibited.
This document and the information it contains constitute a trade secret of Magestore and may not be reproduced or disclosed to non-authorized users without the prior written permission from Magestore. Permitted reproductions, in whole or in part, shall bear this notice.