WEB POS - USER GUIDE FOR MAGENTO 2
Running a quick service, retail store or restaurant? Then you know how important it is to have an effective POS to cut the long queue of customers waiting to check out. For most of the time, your shop assistants have to carry out the checkout procedures for Customers, either in physical stores or when receiving orders through phone or email. So, wouldn't it be great if this process could be hastened, helping save time for more profitable actions! With Magestore’s Magento 2 POS integration module, you will be able to create orders quickly and conveniently from an admin panel on just a single one page! Try now and you will be fascinated by its convenience and the amount of time saved. We would love to discuss your specific needs but we think you might like some of our customer favorite features below.
How to configure
Before using Web POS to check out, admin needs to configure it in backend first. Please read the user guide carefully to know how to configure information you want.
How to enable a payment method for Web POS
To set up payment method for Web POS, go to Web POS > Settings > Payment for POS. Then, you will be able to see:
- If you want to apply all payments, choose All Allowed Payments
- If you want to apply some particular payment methods only, choose Specific Payments. Then in Specific Payments field, select payment method as your preference. Hold Shift + Click to choose more than one.
- If you want to apply all payments, choose All Allowed Payments
Default Payment Method: the default mode is Cash On Delivery If you want to set Credit Card to be the default payment method for instance, you first have to choose it in Specific Payments field. Then, select option Web POS – Credit Card in Default Payment Method field.
How to Set up a Shipping Method for Web POS
To set up Shipping Methods for Web POS, go to Sales> Web POS > Settings, then choose Shipping for POS, the following page will be shown as below:
- Applicable Shipping:
- If you want to apply all shipping methods, choose All Allowed Shipping
- If you want to apply some particular shipping methods only, choose Specific Shipping. Then in Specific Shipping field, select shipping method as your preference. Hold Shift + Click to choose more than one.
- Default Shipping Method: the default mode is Store Pickup.
If you want to set Flat Rate to be the default shipping method for instance, you first have to choose it in Specific Payments field. Then, select option Flat Rate Shipping in the Default Payment Method field.
What is default customer & how to configure Default Guest Checkout
What is default customer
Default customer is the customer whose information will be used for Guest Checkout or when customer information is not enough, default value will be filled automatically.
How to configure Default Guest Checkout
To configure Default Guest Checkout, you go to Web POS > Settings > Default Guest Checkout. You will see the configuration page as below:
Fill in all information as you want to use as default, including Default Customer ID, First Name, Last Name, Street, Country, State/Province, City, Zip/Postal Code, Telephone and Email. After finishing, click on Save Config button to save your work.
How to change logo of Web POS
To change logo of Web POS, go to Web POS > Settings > General Configuration. In this tab, you can see configuration as follows:
- Web POS logo: Upload your logo here. Please note that recommended size is 260*120px and supported files are jpeg & png.
- Web POS Color: Enter code of the color
After finishing, click on Save Config button to save your work.
How to add a Web POS user
To add new user using Web POS, go to Sales > Web POS > Manage POS Staffs. Here you can see a list of users that have been created
You can also export user list to csv/xml file or add new Web POS user.
- Click on Add Staff button then you will be directed to the following page:
Fill in all information of the user, including User Name, Password, Password Confirmation, Display Name, Email Address. Then you go to User Settings field.
In this field you can set customer group, location, role and access to sales report for sale staff. Please note that to select the role for user, you need to add a role first. Please go to the section: How to differentiate access permissions of Web POS users for more details. To edit a user, click on the Edit link in POS Staff page. Then you can edit information of that user account.
How to differentiate access permissions of Web POS users
- To grant different permission for Web POS user, go to Sales > Web POS > Manage Roles. The Role page will be shown. You can export role user list to csv/xml file:
- To add a new role, click on Add Role button in the top right corner. You will see the New Role page. Here there are three tabs, including General, Permission and Staff List. -> In General tab, please make sure you fill in enough information
- Role Name: Enter a specific name for the role in order to find it easily
- Maximum discount percent (%): limit the highest discount percent that each user role can offer customers
- Description: Enter text that describes the role
-> In Permission tab, tick on users who will have corresponding permission in Web POS system.
In field Resource Access, you can choose Custom or All. Choose All if you want users having this role will have access to all resources, click on Save or Save And Continue Edit button to save your work. If you choose Custom, you can tick to assign specific permissions for that role.
In Staff list tab, tick on sale staff name that you want to assign this new role.
- To edit a current role, click on "Edit" link on Role Manager page, then you will be redirected to Edit Role page:
How to connect Web POS with peripheral devices
Magestore Web POS module can connect with Barcode readers, Card swiper, Receipt printer & Customer pole display.
- Barcode readers: any devices that connect with ipad/laptop/pc (no matter through usb port, wifi or bluetooth) - as long as the scanner can read barcodes & fill encoded information into Web POS search box.
- Card readers: only devices connected through USB port.
- Receipt printers: any devices that connect with iPad/laptop/PC (no matter through usb port, wifi or bluetooth).
- Pole display: only devices connected through USB port
How to integrate Customer pole display with Magento Web POS You should install customer pole display’s driver if your device has driver before taking the following steps. Firstly, you need to enable Pole display function in Web POS settings. Go to Magento backend, choose Sales > Web POS > Settings, then choose Yes in field “Enable Pole Display”.
Secondly, you need to install the desktop application to connect your PC/ Laptop with the pole. After purchasing Web POS you can download the Pole Display integration file which contains these following files & folders:
Then follow these steps:
- Step 1: Install the .NET Framework 4.5.2
+ Open the folder .NET Framework 4.5.2
+ Run NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe file and install it to your computer.
- Step 2: Intall the USB to Serial COM setup:
+ Open the folder USB to Serial COM
+ Run CDM21224_Setup.exe and install it to your computer
- Step 3: Run the Pole Integration.exe file:
You need to open this program when using Web POS to use customer pole display.
How to use
You have finished settings for Web POS, now please move to the part of How to use Web POS for checkout.
How a Web POS user logs in & manages his account
After you creates user with specific permission in using Web POS, you can send him Web POS checkout link or guide him to access from Web POS backend by going to Sales > Web POS > POS Checkout. Then, a login form will appear. User needs to fill in your account & password to continue:
To manage his account, the user should go to Setting > Account:
Then, click on Account tab and the user can see his/her information. The user can also change his/her password if he/she wants.
How a Web POS user deletes/ reloads data in local manually
- When to use:
In the first time a user log in to Web POS Checkout screen, the module will load data like products, customers, tax calculations, etc. to his local. Then the system will automatically update new data about products, customers... when having any changes in admin panel.
In some cases, a user's local data is not 100% synced with data in the back-end. If the user notices any discrepancy, he can delete and reload data manually.
- How to use:
To reload data, go to Setting > Synchronization then choose Reload (to reload each category) or Reload All (to reload all data).
How to filter & search products quickly
In POS screen, you can configure to search products by going to Setting > General
- In tab Catalog: Enable Display out-of-stock products in search results by choosing Yes option.
Product Search section:
Product Attribute(s) for Search: Select attributes by which you want to search products. The default attributes are Name & SKU. If you want to search quickly by barcode, choose barcode attribute. Hold Shift + Click to pick more than one. In frontend, you can search products by 3 ways, which are categories, product attributes and barcode.
- Use categories: In frontend, you can click on All Categories link to quickly search products by categories. Choose the corresponding categories as you prefer.
- Use product attributes
To search by product attributes, click on Search icon, then a search bar will be shown. Enter your search terms and matching products will display right away.
- Use barcode
- Connect Web POS with barcode reader devices (Please refer to How to connect Web POS with peripheral devices for more details)
- Scan barcode and then the barcode attribute will be filled automatically in the search box (To set barcode attribute, go to 3.3. How to filter & search products quickly to know more)
- The matching product will be shown in the list.
How to add products to cart
Add products to cart:
- With simple products, you just need 1 click to add them to cart
- With configurable, bundle, grouped products, after clicking, you will see a popup shown to choose your option. Then, click on Add to cart button
Edit products in cart
After adding products to cart, you can edit the quantity of each product by clicking on the product that needs editing. A popup will display with edit option for Qty.
To edit Qty., just enter a wanted number or click on +/-. The number of products will be adjusted in the cart right away.
Remove products in cart
To remove products in cart one by one, click on “x” button of the corresponding product. After that, the cart will be updated immediately. Or you can click on Empty Cart icon to clear all products in the cart at one.
How to add a custom sale item to cart
What is custom sale item & what it is for
Custom sale item is the item that Web POS user creates when checkout. It is used when the product hasn’t been added to the system or Web POS user cannot find it in the product list.
How to add Custom Sale to cart
A screen will be shown for you to configure this custom product
- Name: Enter the name of custom product
- Price: Enter the price of this product
- None/ Taxable Goods: Choose whether the product is subject to sales tax or not.
- Shippable: Choose whether the product will be shipped or not by turning on/off this option
After finishing configuration, click on Add to Cart button and check out as normally. Please note that this custom sale product will not be saved for the next checkout.
How to apply a coupon code or a cart discount
After adding products to cart, to apply a coupon code or discount on the whole cart, click on Add Discount link.
Then, a popup will display as below:
You can choose between using Discount or Promotion
- In Discount tab:
- Name: Enter a name for this discount as you will easily check it again
- Discount Type: Select discount by fixed amount or percentage
- Amount: Fill in discount value as you offer for your customers.
Then, the cart will be updated automatically after you click on Apply button.
- In Promotion tab:
Just fill in available coupon you want to offer for your customers. The cart will be updated automatically after you click on Apply button.
How to apply a custom discount or custom price to a product
After adding products to cart, besides editing the quantity of each product (refer to section: Edit products in cart for more details), you can click on the product to edit other information. A popup will display with edit option for Custom Price, Discount. Remember that you can only change information by Custom Price OR Discount, not both of them at a time for a product.
- You can set custom price for products by click on Custom Price button. The next popup will be shown as below:
In this popup, please choose type you want to adjust for the price, according to fixed number or percentage.
- If you edit fixed price, the price will be changed to the price you have entered
- If you edit by percentage, the price will be decrease by the percent you have entered (it is similar to Discount by percentage) Then, products in cart will be automatically updated with the price you edit.
- Editing discount for each product is similar to edit by Custom Price. Click on Discount button and choose types of discount–fixed discount or percentage–you want to adjust:
- If you edit discount by fixed number, the price will decrease by the exact value you have entered
- If you edit by percentage, the price will decrease by the percent you have entered (it is similar to Custom Price by percentage) Then, the product price will be updated in the cart.
How to handle customer information at checkout
To use Customer Checkout, add customer by clicking on Customer icon on the right corner. You will see a screen as below:
- Search customers:
In the search box, you can quickly find the customer by entering his name, email, phone or address. Choose customer from suggested results in dropdown list.
The information of customer in the system will be auto updated in checkout step. To edit it, please click on name of customer. In the popup, just edit the pieces of information you want to change.
- Create customer
If customer hasn’t been added in your system before, instead of searching, click on Create Customer button.
Fill enough information of the customer such as First Name, Last Name, Email, Group, Shipping & Billing Address, etc. You can choose whether Billing Address is similar to Shipping Address or not. Remember to click on Save button to save the customer information for the next checkout.
When you use Guest Checkout, the default customer that you configure in backend will be used (Please hover to the section: What is default customer & how to configure Default Guest Checkout to get more details). At checkout, all fields will be auto-filled with that default information.
Manage customer information is a new feature of Magento 2 Web POS. Customer information including sales on that customer, order history, refund and complaints is stored by the system. Sales staff can easily edit customer’s information, add new address or add complaints. From Customer list, you can search for customer account by name, email or telephone then click on button Use to checkout to checkout for that account.
How to add comments to an order
When you need to add comments
In some special situations, to remember about your order, you can add comment to it so that you will easily check it later. The comments on order are used internally.
How to add comments
Click on the Note icon in the top right corner and choose Add Order Note. Then a popup will appear so you can add comment into the box.
How to check order comment
In Web POS screen
To view comment of order, you can go to Orders tab in Web POS screen, choose an order then scroll down to see Comment History.
In Magento backend Go to Sales > Orders > click on a specific order. In order details page, scroll down to Comment History tab to check whether it has any notes or not.
How to process at checkout for a customer
You have been through steps to add products to cart and add customer, let’s move to the checkout process.
- When products are added to cart, click on Checkout button at the end of the cart page
You will be redirected to the next page with information of Shipping & Payment Method
- In Shipping method tab: Tick to choose the shipping method
- In Payment method tab:
For Web POS checkout, you can choose among applicable payment methods. There are 2 online and 3 offline payment methods for Web POS checkout, which are:
- Credit Card Direct Post (Stripe & PayPal): Sale staff can fill in card information manually or swipe card (if the POS system is connected with a card swiper).
- Cash-in: If you choose this payment, a screen will be shown for you to fill the amount of money that customer pays. The remaining amount will be auto- calculated.
-Cash on Delivery: Enter the reference number to easily track the payment
- Credit Card: Connect Web POS with card readers to use this payment method. Then you will get money of this transaction by bringing the receipt to the bank. For more information about how to connect, please go to section: How to connect Web POS with peripheral devices
- 2 Custom Payment option: You can change name of payment option as you desire, for example: change Web POS – Custom Payment 1 into Bank transfer.
Sale staff can process order with Split Payment: For more information about Split Payment, please go to section Split Payment with Web POS.
Magestore Web POS is integrated with Authorize.net which is the default payment method of Magento. You do NOT need to install these payment plugins into your site to use it with Web POS.
After choosing payment method, click on Place Order button to complete checkout process. There will be a notification as is shown below:
Split & Partial Payment with Web POS
How to make payment via Web POS using multiple methods (split payment) You can use more than 1 payment method for split payments when checkout with Web POS. Let me give you an example. Customer’s order value is $153 - Your customer wants to pay $100 in Cash on Delivery. Then, you fill in the blank space Web POS – Cash On Delivery with the value of $100.
- For the remaining ($53), your customer wants to pay by cash. So, at this time, you click on the Add Payment button and choose Web POS – Cash In. The remaining amount ($53) will be automatically filled in Cash In box.
- Support multiple payment methods for one order
- Not require Cash in method as compulsory
Process part of order payment and keep orders on hold
With Web POS, you can also apply split payment when keeping orders on hold to process part of order for your customers. For example, your customer wants to reserve the good before it will be launched. His order value is $195. He pays $100 as reservation.
- When processing payment, choose Web POS – Cash In with the value of $100 and the rest with COD (or other payment methods as you wish).
- After finishing creating order, in the next step, don’t create invoice or shipment for this order. To do this, you need to turn off Mark as shipped and Mark as paid as in the following screenshot.
Click Back button to return to items selecting and press Hold to keep orders on hold. For more information about On-hold Orders, please go to section How to keep orders on hold for further processing.
- After the customer is ready to complete the whole order payment, go to On-hold orders and choose that order to continue processing. However please note that this kind of order will not be recorded in backend and order value will not be counted in report.
How to keep orders on hold for further processing
Your customers can't make up their minds yet, or are unable to make a payment meanwhile? They may want to purchase items that are for pre-order or currently out of stocks? You don't want to lose those potential customers, don't you? Then, Web POS's new feature can put these orders on hold - no limit in time - until they are ready to continue processing! After adding products to cart, you can choose Hold to put the order into On-hold Orders section. To check orders that have been put on hold, select On-hold Orders section. List of on- hold orders is recorded. You may select Continue Processing whenever customer is willing to take final action for payment or you may Cancel it if it is not effective anymore.
How to print receipt and email order information
You can print receipt or email order information right after creating an order. Remember
The receipt will look like the screenshot below:
And here is the email of order information:
How to review orders
In POS screen, you can review orders by choosing Order History tab. Here you can see the order list and order details:
- Order status
In order list, the status of order is distinguished by color
- Complete: Green (When you ship order AND create invoice)
- Processing: Blue (When you ship order OR create invoice)
- Pending: Orange (When you create order successfully but have not shipped order and created invoice)
- Canceled: Gray (When you cancel the order)
- Not synced: Red (When order’s data has not been synced to the system)
- Closed: Black (When order has been refunded)
- Order searching
- To quickly find an order to review, you can search it by Order ID or Customer’s Name/Email
- View order information
To view detailed information, click on your wanted order. Please make sure that you have permission to check it. The detailed order will be shown like this
How to issue invoice for an order
The order can’t be complete if you haven’t issued invoice for customer. After the order is created successfully, you will find order’s details on tab Order History then click on tab Invoice.
A pop-up will appear so you can enter the quantity of item or the order amount to be invoiced. Then you click on button Submit invoice to complete the action. You can choose whether to send email to customers about the refund or not.
How to create shipment or issue refund for an order
How to create shipment
There are two ways to create shipment using Web POS: before placing an order and when reviewing order
- Before placing order Before an order is created by clicking Place Order, you can create shipment by turn it on as below:
After verifying shipment method, the system will automatically load to Successful Order Page.
- After placing order
When order has been created successfully but hasn’t been shipped, you can go to Order History and create shipment for that order.
Partial shipment If customers want the orders to be shipped in 2 or more consignments, sales staff can enable Partial Shipment function. When you create order, remember to turn of button “Mark as shipped”. After placing order successfully, you find that order in Order History. Then you click on the icon on the right corner and choose Ship. A pop-up then appears so you can enter the number of items to be shipped of each product.
Note: Only orders that have been synced can be shipped.
How to issue refund
Customers can get refund in either points or in cash. With Magento 2 Web POS module, you can enable refund by reward points default of Magento 2. To issue refund, go to Orders tab in POS screen, you choose the order that is required to refund. Click on Submit Refund button in the end.
A popup will display so that you can fill in the information before making refund. Tick Return to stock if you want to return those items back to your stock.
After that, you will get the message informing that credit memo is created successfully. Please make sure you have permission to issue refund and you are in online mode.
Adjustment Refund: The fee customers might have to pay for your store when requesting refund
Adjustment Fee: The compensation customers get from your store if they have to request refund.
Card Readers can’t be used when you use iPad or tablets to checkout with POS because they cannot connect through USB port. To know more about device connect, please hover to the section How to connect Web POS with peripheral devices
How to view reports
Magento 2 Web POS provides you 10 types of reports which help you get deeper into your business performance. To view reports, you choose tab Sales/ Report on Magento backend. There will display 10 types of report as on the image below:
- You can export each report into Excel XML or CSV file.
- You can view report in any custom time period.
On Staff report row, there are 3 types of reports: Sales by staff, Sales by staff (Daily) and Order list for staff. The Sales by staff report shows the number of orders and total sales created by each sale staff in any custom period.
The Sales by staff (Daily) expresses the number of order and total sales created by each staff each day in the time period that you choose.
In the Order list for sale staff, you can view all order information including ID, value, history and status of each order created by any or each specific sale staff.
Similar to Staff report, the Location report has 3 different reports including Sales by location, Sales by location (Daily) and Order list for location. The Sales by location report shows the number of orders and sales created in each location, in any custom time period.
The Sales by location (Daily) report shows the number of orders and sales created in each location by each day.
In the Order list for location, you can view all order information including ID, value, history and status of each order created by all or each specific sale location.
The section of Payment Report has 4 different types of report including Sales by payment method, Sales by payment method (Daily), Order list for payment method and Sales by payment method for location. The Sales by payment method displays the number of orders and sales paid by each payment method in a custom time period.
The Sales by payment (Daily) report shows the number of orders and sales created by each payment method by each day.
In the Order list for payment method, you can view all order information including ID, value, history and status of each order created by all or each specific payment method.
The Sales by payment method for location displays the number of orders and sales created by each payment in each sale location.
How to manage working shift
In version for Magento 2, Web POS dives deeper into working shift management with Z-report after each working shift.
- Open working shift
To open a new working shift, you need to go to tab Register Shifts.
When you click on the icon on the top right corner, a popup will appear so you can fill in information to open a new working shift:
- Float amount: The cash amount left in cash drawer from the previous shift.
- Note: Add note for this shift
Then you click on Done, a new working shift is opening and now on until you close this shift, all transactions will be recorded to this shift management. In the working shift, if you need to add/remove cash from cash drawer, you can click on button Make Adjustment then fill in the box the amount added/ removed. The system will record the balance change in your shift.
- Close working shif
When your working shift ends, you go to Register Shifts tab to close shift. You choose the open shift and click on button Close shift.
- Cash Counted: The amount of cash in cash drawer is counted manually
- Cash Left: The amount of cash is left in cash drawer for the next shift
Z-report shows the cash drawer balance in a certain time like a shift or a working day. The Z-report records opened – closed time of each working shift, with details of transactions, sales and sales by payment methods.
Version 2.0.0 (released on Oct 10th, 2017)
Open cash drawer without print receipt
Print receipt without opening popup
Compatible with Magento 2.2
Version 1.3.0 (released on Sep 21, 2017)
Allow auto print receipt in offline mode
Version 1.2.0 (released on Aug 4, 2017)
Allow to enable/ disable custom order number format
Allow to clear offline data of WebPOS by clicking on Reset-Local-Database button
Version 1.1.4 (released on Jun 06th 2017)
Support online mode (real-time sync data)
Integrate with Paypal Pro
Version 1.1.3 (updated on Apr 15th 2017)
Support Authorize.net direct post method
Allow to apply catalog rules when add item to checkout in WebPOS
Version 1.1.2 (updated on Mar 20th 2017)
Do not show disabled products in Webpos
Get product price by customer group
Support multiple tax rules
Allow to hold product when hold Order
Version 1.1.1 (updated on Feb 10th 2017)
Support PayPal (Pay by credit card, PayPal account & sending PayPal invoice via email)
Version 1.1.0 (updated on Oct 14th 2016)
Optimize loading speed, js, API
Integrate with Gift Card
Integrate with Store Credit
Integrate with Reward Point
Allow color swatch for products
Confidential Information Notice
Copyright 2016. All Rights Reserved.Any unauthorized reproduction of this document is prohibited.
This document and the information it contains constitute a trade secret of Magestore and may not be reproduced or disclosed to non-authorized users without the prior written permission from Magestore. Permitted reproductions, in whole or in part, shall bear this notice.